Avocados! Those beautifully creamy summer fruits that behave like a vegetable!
This colorful, self contained dish is an awesome way to eat an avocado. I love making them to share with friends during brunch or for a BBQ party.
This recipe is divided into 3 parts.
First you will make the Rice Paper ‘Bacon’, Thats right! Vegan bacon made out of rice paper. Smoky, sweet and crispy!!! Then you will make the hummus and lastly you will stuff the avocados; topping them with a plethora of garnish!
Rice Paper ‘Bacon’
- 4 sheets Rice Paper
- 2 tbs Maple syrup
- 2 tbs Coconut Aminos Sauce (you can also use soy sauce)
- 2 tbs Olive Oil
- 2 tsp Smoked Paprika or liquid smoke
- 1/2 tsp Himalayan salt
- Preheat the oven at 400’
- In a bowl whisk the maple, coconut aminos, olive oil, smoked paprika and salt.
- With a sharp knife cut the rice paper into ‘Bacon’ size strips.
- Dip the rice strips into the marinade and place them on a baking tray.
- Bake the Bacon for 7-9 minutes, or until crispy. Set aside
Almond Beet Hummus
- 1 small Organic Beet, boiled (boil the beet covered in water for 30 min, cool off under cold water. Peel and dice)
- 1 cup Organic Almonds (soaked over night or for 1 hour in boiling water)
- 1 Organic Lime, juiced
- 1 1/2 tsp Himalayan salt
- 1/4 cup Organic Tahini
- 1 tsp freshly ground Cumin
- 1/4 cup Water
- 1/2 tsp Black pepper
- Place all your ingredients in a food processor and blend until well incorporated.
- With the help of a a spatula scrape the sides of the food processor to ensure the smooth texture of the hummus.
- Run the food processor again until the consistency is creamy.
- 5 Ripe Avocados
- Rice paper ‘Bacon’
- 3 Organic red Radishes, thinly sliced
- 3 Kumquats, thinly sliced
- Parsley leaves
- Half the Avocados and remove the pit.
- Stuff the avocados with a generous dollop of the Hummus.
- Garnish the stuffed Avocado by placing the radishes, kumquats, greens and bacon in an artistic way and serve!