My favorite cuisine is hands down Thai food! Their use of fresh roots like galangal and ginger, lemon grass, kaffir leaves, basil, spices and coconut milk as a base for so many of their dishes makes it to me, the best food in the world! I love eating pad Thai, my only worry when I eat out is that traditionally thai food is also made with fish sauce... So in an attempt to satisfy my cravings for it I make my own!!!
Every time I decide to make a dish the first thing I think about is how to make it not only delicious but also easy to digest! This is what I call 'non violent cooking' it is my first priority when cooking that whomever eats my food won't feel indigestion or any discomfort! In Ayurveda indigestion is said to be the root cause of all disease. When you eat very heavy foods or foods that don't combine well; AMA or toxicity is created; the accumulation of this toxic byproduct with time creates many ailments. You will notice that my recipe is soy-free and peanut-free! (soy and peanuts are very difficult to digest).
I discovered this amazing Gluten free organic red rice noodles by Explore Cuisine! I highly recommend them! Follow the instructions of how to cook them (I prefer to cook them for 4 minutes only and mix them right away with the sauce.)
10 minutes cooking
- 3 Tbs Organic Cashew butter
- 1/4 Cup Coconut Aminos
- 2 Tbs Organic Lime juice or Rice vinegar
- 2 Tbs Organic toasted Sesame oil
- 1 tsp freshly ground Coriander
- 1 tsp Organic Himalayan Salt (or real Salt)
- a handful of organic Snap peas, cut into thin slivers
- 1/2 Cup Organic Bean sprouts
- sliced Radishes
- Shredded Purple Napa Cabbage (this cabbage is softer than the regular one but if you can't find it the regular kind works great too)
- 1/4 Cup toasted Pumpkin seeds (dry toast the seeds by placing them is a oil-less pan in a low flame for a few minutes switching them around until they are golden)
- parsley, cilantro or Thai basil for garnish
- 8 oz Organic red rice pad thai noodles (or noodles of your choice)
- 1 cup Broccoli chopped into small florets
- 1/2 Cup Carrots thinly sliced
Whisk all the sauce ingredients together in a bowl and set aside.
Boil 8 cups of water, add the noodles and the vegetables. Reduce the heat and simmer for 4 minutes. Strain the noodles and veggies. Toss them with the sauce right away!
serve in bowls and layer the toppings making it a beautiful rainbow like irresistible dish!